Baxter Bible Ministries
(A non-profit organization)
This ministry accepts the Scriptures as the revealed will of God, the all-sufficient rule of faith and practice, and for the purpose of maintaining general unity, adopts these statements of fundamental truths and doctrines.
1) The Bible is the inspired word of God, a revelation from God to man, the infallible rule of Faith and conduct, and is superior to conscience and reason, but contrary to reason (2 Tim. 3:15-17; 1 Peter 1:23-25; Heb. 4:12).
2) The Triune Godhead is comprised of three (3) separate and distinct personalities. The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit, who are eternally self-existent, self revealed, and function as one entity. Jesus Christ, who is God manifested in the flesh, is the second member of the Godhead, co-equal, and co-eternal with The Father and The Holy Spirit.
3) Man was created good and upright, for God said, " Let us make man in our image, after our likeness" but man by voluntary transgression, fell and his only hope of redemption is in Jesus Christ, the Son of God (Genesis 1:26-31, 3:1-7; Romans 5:12-21)
4) Man's only hope of redemption is through the shed Blood of Jesus Christ. On the Cross Jesus Christ became sin and sickness providing both salvation and divine healing for all mankind (Psalm 103:3), being justified freely by His Grace through redemption that is in Christ Jesus. For by grace we are saved through faith. "The Word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart-that is, the word of faith which we are preaching, that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved; for with the heart man believes resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation" (Romans 3:24, Ephesians 2:8, Romans 10:8-10).
5) The inward evidence to the believer of his salvation is the direct witness of the Spirit (Romans 8:16). The outward evidence to all men is a life of righteousness and true holiness. "And this is His commandment, that we believe in the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, just as He commanded us" (1 John 3:23)
6) Salvation is by faith in Jesus Christ and not by human works; however, our works will determine the rewards in eternity (Romans 10:9, 2 Corinthians 5:10). We believe and teach the importance of the Jewish Roots of our Faith. We believe the Land of Israel was given to the Jewish people by God as an everlasting covenant , and they have a Divine right to the Land because of this. We believe that the Church should support, love, and pray for the Jewish people and the nation of Israel. We believe that Jerusalem is God's chosen city where He has chosen to put His name forever, and one day the entire nation of Israel will recognize Him as their King, when He returns to defend them in battle and to set up His earthly rule in Jerusalem (Genesis 12:3; Deut. 32:8-10; Gen. 17:1-8; Is. 62; Zech 1:16-17; Zech 12:7-10; Zech. 14:1-4).
7) The Ordinance of baptism by a burial with Christ should be observed as commanded in the Scriptures by all who have truly repented and in their hearts have truly believed on Christ as Savior and Lord. In so doing, they declare to the world that they have died with Jesus and that they have also been raised with Him to walk in newness of life (Matthew 28:19; Acts 10:47-48; Romans 6:4).
8) We believe in observing what the apostle Paul wrote proclaiming the sacrament of The Last Supper. And when He had given thanks, He broke it, and said, "This is my body which is for you. Do this is remembrance of Me". In the same way he took the cup, after supper, saying, "This cup is a new covenant in My Blood. Do this as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me". Let a man examine himself, and so eat of the bread and drink of the cup ( 1 Corinthians 11:24-25,28 ).
9) We believe that the full consummation of the baptism of believers in the Holy Spirit allows the Spirit to freely give charismatic gifts and grow spiritual fruit that empowers the believers to live a life that is victorious over the enemy and is a honor unto the Lord (Acts 2:4; Romans 12:5-16; 1 Corinthians 12:1-11; Gal. 5:16-26).
10) The Church is the body of Christ, the habitation of God through the Spirit, with Divine appointments for the fulfillment of her Great Commission. Each Believer, born in the Spirit, is an important part of the general assembly and church of the first born, which are written in Heaven (Eph. 1:22; 2:19-22; Hebrews 12:23).
11) We believe that Jesus is coming again to gather all his saints to heaven (1 Cor. 15:51-52; 1 Thess. 4: 16-17; 2 Thess. 2:1).
12) We believe that those who have not accepted the redemptive work of Jesus Christ will suffer eternal separation from God. The devil and his angels, the beast, and false prophet and anyone whose name is not found written in The Book of Life, shall be consigned to everlasting punishment in the lake of fire, which burns with brimstone. This is the second death, the lake of fire (Rev.19:20; 20:10-15).
13) We believe in the return of our Lord Jesus Christ with His saints from Heaven to rule and reign for 1,000 years on earth as the Scriptures promise! After this, there shall be a new heaven and a new earth (Romans 11:25,27; 2 Thess. 1:7; Rev. 19:11-16; 20:1-7; Rev. 21).